Wednesday, August 11, 2010

forever!

It has been forever since I last blogged!

I won't lie. After my last blog entry I decided I hated my blog. Well, A redesign may happen. Or not. We'll see. Right now I'm feeling neutral about it.

Lets see.... A family update.

We recently spent a glorious week at the beach. It was wonderful. It was restful. It was hard to come home. At one point I begged hubby to let me stay. I joked that I could sleep on the beach at night. Of course that is impossible. But it was a sweet little daydream for about half a second.

In all we spent 8 nights at a house about a block from the beach. We spent a lot of time at the beach wading, digging, building, walking, etc. We spent a lot of time in Lincoln city, and visited both Depoe bay and Newport.

We visited so many beaches like Otter Creek (rock?), and Agate beach, gleneden beach, and Taft beach. We visited a lighthouse, the aquarium, the Hatfield marine science center, and saw a sandcastle building contest.

We also watched lots of Food Network and the History Channel. American Pickers is my new favorite show.

We also ate out every single day. Yes. We got tired of it. No. I don't think I would do it again.

The whole reason for it was hubby's love for seafood and my thought of keep it simple. We had cereal every morning for breakfast, went out for lunch, and then had peanut butter and jelly for dinner.

We sampled lots of clam chowder and ate lots of seafood. And I can tell you one thing for certain. Mo's is the WORST place to eat. There are so many other non-chain restaurants on the coast.

Leaving was hard. But we had to. Hubby had to get back for work.

Well, while we were gone to the beach, a breaker tripped in the garage and spoiled about $450 - $500 worth of meat and all sorts of other things. That is all I'm saying about that because if I focus on it I get depressed.

But we are moving on. Can't do anything about it. Just have to add that onto the vacation expenses.

I just hope we can get the grass back. the sprinklers were also on that breaker and the lawn is VERY patchy. It was very hot while we were gone.

The turkeys doubled in size while we were gone. That was amazing. We haven't lost any in a while. We started out with 22 turkeys and 4 silkies. We are down to 19 turkeys and 2 silkies. for some reason this group has been hard to raise. I just hope we don't lose any more.

A just found out who her kindergarten teacher is. She has been so excited to go to school. C asked me this morning if it was Friday. Friday is when she finds out who her teacher is.

They are both super excited. I'm not ready for summer to be over. Seems like we just started. It has been a busy summer.

Hubby's been busy with various projects in the yard. The only thing I seem to have done in the yard this year was to kill off all of the plants on my front step. I kind of forgot about them in July when we had so much family here.

So far this summer has been busy. Maybe it will slow down once school starts? And soccer starts. And piano lessons start....who am I kidding. Its just going to get worse. Oh well. :)

3 comments:

  1. wow! Great update! Sorry about the meat! That is a huge loss! The beach does sound heavenly though. Did you take any pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?! Mo's is the worst place to eat? I challenge that statement! No sane person could say that. I say we duke this out in sumo wrestler suits to find out the winner, and it is clearly MO's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Milton. I can confirm that Mo's is bad. We were herded like cattle, because it was busy. The clam chowder is so bad. After eating good clam chowder at the peregrine, then at Georgie's beach grill and Jacks, Mo's is not good enough for my pallet.

    ReplyDelete