Sunday, October 7, 2012

Tired but here!

So last night we didn't get the twins to bed until around 11pm. I put one twin in the bassinet while I carried the other twin to their crib. Toddler E has been having sleep issues so he was in the crib in the babies room.

I was quiet but must have made some noise because a few minutes later while I was trying to settle the other twin into a deep sleep, toddler E started crying really loud. Hubby heard him and settled him into his toddler bed in A and C's room. We all go to sleep.

 Fast forward an hour. One of the twins wakes up and I go and get them. Only while I am picking them up I hear Toddler E crying in his room. I had C bring him out to me and after putting the twin who was still asleep down, I walked E to a sleeping Daddy who I thought could help. Daddy hears crying E and comes out to help.

 So here it is, after midnight. Daddy with toddler E on one couch, me on the recliner nursing the awake baby and trying to wake up the other baby who is very soundly asleep.

 In the end, we got back to bed at some point. I have a vague recollection of Daddy having to sleep in the recliner with a twin, but frankly last night is a blur and I don't remember if that was last night or the night before :( I'm tired.

 But it is general conference this weekend, so at least there are lots of naps and no church to try to go to. I'm really nervous about this new development with E. If it continues then we will really have a problem. A sleep problem.

 Anyway, we are still here, plowing through.

Last night when I was the most tired, I started imagining hiring a night nurse. LOL.

 The good news is that today the boys are 4 weeks old. We are one month closer to sleeping through the night. I may start begging my Mother in law to come and stay again. I'm really not sure how this is going to play out.

 At least its Sunday and I can sleep all day if I need to. Hubby is currently sleeping on the recliner with both babies in his arms.

1 comment:

  1. It's a long, hard, deliriously tired road. Good luck, and just keep going. It does get better! And enjoy all the sweet snuggle times, with little and bigger babies. You're doing very important work!

    ReplyDelete