Sunday, August 12, 2018

life

Its been a busy summer. It went by so quickly I feel like I just blinked my eyes.

The twins start kindergarten tomorrow. TOMORROW.  This is a day I was certain would never come.  I've been super nervous about it because of their various issues. From personality issues with Nolan and his lack of motivation and speech issues, to Quinten who is so driven and intense.  We went to an open house on Friday and met their teacher. She is the same teacher Ned had. And after meeting the boys she seems totally confident in their ability to do well.  That is just what I needed to hear. She raised 2 sons of  her own and she told me that one son was very much like Quinten in personality.  So she should be able to handle it.  There will be a different classroom aide this year so that makes me sad and a bit nervous. But I'm going to hold off on worrying about that until I have to.

We just got back from 2 different family reunions.  We went to Salmon and camped with Mom and Dad, Alyson's 3 oldest, Linzy and her husband, Alysa and her kids, Wendy and Jake, and Kevin and Kim and 2 daughters. 

We had a lot of fun and were able to relax quite a bit.  Milton took the boys, Mia, and Logan fishing. they all caught a fish and I think Ned caught 2.  Someone caught 2 because they caught their limit of 6. Milton was a trooper and even though he didn't get to cast a line, had a good time. he attempted to teach the kids how to clean the fish, and after an afternoon of relaxing cooked them all up for us and we had fish for dinner.

One of the days we took a tour of various sites of interest in Salmon.  Dad and Mom arranged for us to tour the house that Dad built in Salmon.  The lady who lived there was very gracious and generously allowed us run of the whole place.  She seemed very interested in the ways her home had changed since Dad built it and Dad and Mom were interested in the various ways the home had been remodeled. 

We left on Thursday, a day earlier than everyone else, because we had to be home Friday morning to go to the kindergarten meet the teacher. 

Friday after meeting the teacher, Laura and I drove to Pocatello to another family reunion.  The Lorenzo Snow Whiting SR. Reunion. I think.  I might have that name wrong. It could be JR instead of SR.

But anyway, we met most of the people who stayed and camped in salmon one more night there.  We also met several family members. most of whom i had met years before, or never met.  It was very interesting to see where the various branches of the family had ended up.  Also very interesting to see many new to me old pictures.  They are on family search now, so I'm going to have to check them out a bit more thoroughly. 

I can't believe school starts on Monday. Tomorrow!  That is very crazy to me.  My oldest is now a sophmore in high school and has her drivers license.  What?!?  She will be able to date soon.  My second oldest will soon start to attend dances.  Life is ever changing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment