Monday, September 3, 2018

Whereas I get lost in a family history hole and the clutch goes out on the car

The title about says it all. I started working on Family history again and found myself stuck down a hole where I kept finding more and more.  I found a guy's wife's maiden name on the marriage license. Well that had  her parents names on it. So then I found their marriage license and the one for their parents.... and if you know anything about family search then you know I was linking sources like mad and creating new people and my computer was soooo slow and it was a painful kind of fun. 

But anyway... :)

Our oldest has been driving herself to seminary and school with her dad's old commuter car. A '98.  Well she took her sister for a treat at DQ tonight and the clutch ended up going out in the parking lot.  Of course my husband was unhappy because it will cost money to fix. But it is what it is.  What are you going to do? Buy a new car? No. you fix the clutch and hope it doesn't go out again anytime soon. For the record, this '98 has had 3 things go out on it.  The battery, the anti lock braking system, and now the clutch. Overall it has been a very solid car.  It is 20 years old after all.  And it needs a new clear coat on the paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment