Sunday, March 22, 2009

the worm

So tonight I went and dropped off some eggs at my sister AR's house and made arrangements with her to go to the KMART super coupon day tomorrow!!!

I'm just hoping there will still be stuff on the shelves.

Anyway, on the way home I saw a turtle sandbox that has been open all winter collecting snow that became water that became yucky yucky water (that I think is what made A sick BTW).

Anyway, I went and poured all the water out of it and leaned it against the pasture fence as a reminder that I need to disinfect it.

Well, underneath it was a big fat juicy worm. I couldn't just leave that chicken ambrosia there.

So I picked it up.

Worms are so slimy!! I dropped it 2-3 times and then finally cupped it in my hands. It was also very squirmy. It nearly squirmed out of my hands when I had to use a hand to undo the pasture fence.

Anyway it was so gross and slimy that I ran over to the chicken coup and dropped it in. Those chickens thought I had brought dessert. They fought over that thing like it was gold.

Pretty funny to watch. Almost worth the nearly throwing up that I experienced when handling the darn thing.

2 comments:

  1. You are one brave girl!!! I don't think I would have handled the worm. Yuck!! How was the Kmart sale??? I didn't make it there today. Is it worth going tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worms are gross. Are they really good for anything other than making girls scream? I still remember mopping the kitchen floor one day and the giant worms that fell out of the mop. I screamed really loud and luckily another sister came running who was willing to touch them. You couldn't have talked me into picking that worm up. Well, unless it was going to save someone's life or something. But when would that ever happen? Hmmm, that would make a good story. The worm who saved somebody's life.

    ReplyDelete