Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer is upon us

So we have another cold.  This time it is one that is fleghmy and sticks in the back of your throat. Sore throat, irritated cough. Its a good one.  Here is hoping that this endless cold ends soon. We're tired of it.

Summer is here.  We have so many things we want to do and so little time it seems. 

Still looking at homeschooling options. We are now looking at http://www.idahoidea.org/Main/Default.aspx Which seems to fit a lot of our criteria, if only I could really take the time to sit down and look through everything.  Hopefully this weekend.

I made mozzarella cheese yesterday that was a total failure.  It never stretched and just became crumbly.  Hmm.

The girls have given me a list of things they want to learn to cook this summer as well as other things they want to have classes in. 

So far we have worked on Waffles and pizza.  My miserable mozzarella was used on the pizza. The girls were successful with the pizza. I ruined it. but it was edible. So I guess you take what you can get.  I've enjoyed these classes so far and wonder if they will enjoy the next lesson, which is how when you cook, you also get to wash the dishes.  

Another thing the girls want to do this summer is make quilts. Thanks to Aunt Alyson who gave us bags and bags of extra fabric this is possible.  However, I'm not sure when we can find the time. Perhaps in July?

Ned is finally saying Yes and Yeah.  After months using No for and answer for both, this is a breakthrough.

This summer feels packed.  We went to a birthday party last year where they had a blow up water slide and it was a lot of fun and seemed easy. So this year we rented one and both the girls will be having a birthday party despite the fact that their birthdays are in the fall.  We printed up 25 invitations and they invited at least that many friends and a few more who had siblings.  I just hope that only about half of them show up. We will also be making lip gloss and painting nails, along with snacks and birthday cake, I hope everyone has a good time.

Then about 2 weeks later we have a family reunion.  I have sooo much to do for the reunion.  Its hard to not feel crazy.  but I'm just trying to get organized and its gotten better since I asked one of my sisters to work with me on my family reunion assignment.

After that our summer is free. I'm thinking of signing the girls up for swimming lessons for 2 weeks.

Why is summer so busy?  I thought it was a break, but I've found myself more busy now that when school was in.  Weird.

1 comment:

  1. It's because your kids are getting older. I thought my life would stop being so busy once my kids started being able to take care of themselves a bit more, but now there's just a different kind of busy once they're at that stage. And it gets worse the older they get... weird for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete