Thursday, July 12, 2012

V-a-c-a-t-i-o-n



We'll be heading out to the coast this month! I can't wait!  cool ocean breezes, soft sand, no cell service.  Sounds like heaven to me!

Not looking forward to the inevitable swelling that will happen in my ankles on the drive down, but I am willing to deal with that.

It will be interesting to see how Baby E likes it.  C hated it when we took her at 18 months.

I'm excited for the down time.  I just hope we make time to get over to Tillamook for some ice cream and cheese.  I hear if you go early you can buy cheese curds.  That sounds yummy.

I will have to remember to bring some of my secret weapon against heartburn since that seems to be my constant companion these days.

Hubby has a few seafood dishes he is going to try and prepare.  Don't worry, nothing to crazy. And yes, we have researched what I can and can't have.

I've started making lists today of what to bring and a menu and shopping lists, etc.

I'm 28 weeks today.  The babies are both doing well.  Went to the doctor yesterday and got the green light to go (with a caution again to avoid salty snacks and walk around every 2 hours).

On the project front - I've completed the twins blessing outfits as reported earlier.  I've also completed 1 baby blanket.  I am about halfway through the 2nd baby blanket.  Its larger than the first one and that worries me a little.  Hubby encouraged me to choose 2 different patterns and I did.  i just am not used to paying attention to the finished size.  Typically baby blankets are about the same size. Especially from my fave pattern book.  Oh well.

I'm going to have A choose a color for her scripture cover today and I'll bring that project on the road with me just in case I manage to finish this blanket.

I'm feeling quite prepared for the babies.  I know you can never really prepare for twins, but I have the rooms organized and ready. Although as always, they do manage to deteriorate.  Thats one of the things you deal with when you have a toddler.

If I do go on bed rest I can rest easy knowing my laundry is nearly caught up (a batch behind, maybe. are you ever really done?) my bathrooms have been recently cleaned, and the kitchen, well, the kitchen will never be ready for bedrest. Its impossible. Maybe for a day or two. But no longer. Not when you have kids who think they each  need their individual knife when they make a pb&j.

In the meantime, I am feeling pretty good.  The nurse told me my blood pressure was perfect yesterday.  104/68 or something like that.  But she also told me to put my feet up whenever I could.

The kids are now feeding the chickens for me every day for a cut of the proceeds (.25 each per dozen sold) but I am continuing to stay active by working out and attending softball games.  I do feel heavier and heavier though.

No comments:

Post a Comment