Wednesday, August 22, 2012

letters...

Dear 34 weeks,
Its good to see you.  It will be even better to see you go.

Dear 37 weeks,
You can't get here fast enough.

Dear snoring,
I will be very happy when you go away.  I've never quite experienced you like this before.

Dear bed,
Ours is a love hate relationship.  You are very comfortable to lay in.  I just wish I didn't have to get up 3 times a night to use the bathroom. 

Dear Air Conditioning,
Oh how you taunt me.  You start out so cool and refreshing.  You feel good and comfy.  Then around the 2nd trip to the bathroom I can't seem to cool off enough to go back to sleep.  I can't turn you on again because you are freezing the rest of the family.

Dear Baby E,
You are having a hard time adjusting to the girls being back at school.  You wander around looking a bit lost. You have discovered the kitchen cupboards and all of the fun toys inside. Mom has discovered that she needs more cupboard latches.  You don't like that all of a sudden all of the doors are shut thus corralling you into a certain space.  You like to cry at the slightest thing not going your way.  That is not like my normal happy little guy.  Won't you come cuddle with your mommy?  I'm sorry that I can't play with you as much as the girls did.  Please get used to our new life during the school year soon. I don't think I can take much more of this.

Dear girls,
You are such a big help.  You don't whine much and I appreciate that.  Thank you for being so patient with me and doing your best to help out.  I'm happy that you are very excited for the new babies.

Dear body,
I know. I know you are worn down. I feel that you are reaching your limits. I am trying to take it easy on you. Yesterday you helped me clean the kitchen and do 1 load of laundry.  Those 2 things took all day.  Thank you for hanging tough.  Just a few more weeks and we'll be there.  And then we'll be testing new limits!

Dear Hubby,
Thank you for your patience.  Thank you for your help.  Thank you for cleaning the bathroom. Thank you for making dinner.  Thank you for everything you do to make this pregnancy bearable.  I really really really really appreciate everything. I love you.

These are the ramblings that go on inside my head around 4 am.  Yesterday it was at 3am. 

3 comments:

  1. I always find it refreshing to read honest posts like these written at the end of pregnancy, when the pregnant woman is literally stretched to her limit. And then how quickly that changes, being stretched by lots of late night feedings and even less sleep than you get now. But what a difference it makes when your body doesn't hurt so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Megan! You are doing great!!! I am glad you are sharing your feelings. You will be glad later. I love you!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Megan. You are doing great! Here are great ways to cool off: ice packs on your feet; wash your hands in cold water after each of those late night trips; if you can stand having to use the bathroom more-drink a really cold glass of water every time you get up. You will be grateful for these memories for sure. Love you.

    ReplyDelete