Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A's baptism

I just realized that I've been so busy with the twins and E that I never posted about A's baptism!

A was baptized at a stake baptism. It was fun to have 2 of my sisters and 1 of hubby's sisters there with their families there supporting A. 

The baptism started at 6 and A was supposed to be there at 5:30 with hubby to get clothes, etc.  Unfortunately this was our first outing with the twins where we all had to be ready in church clothes.  Understandably we were there about 5:45.  Luckily we only held things up about 5 min. 

All 3 boys were wearing matching outfits that Grandma W had supplied.  It was very cute and we were able to get a picture with all of the kids that turned out very cute. 

The baptism was a stake baptism and it was fun for both A and C to see kids that they knew from school. There were a couple of "I didn't know they were a member of our church Mom!" and waving at various schoolmates.

The meeting itself was a bit strange.  For one thing instead of having family members speak in the program they had members of the stake primary presidency speak.  And then after the baptisms we split into ward groups and we heard a talk about the Holy Ghost from a family member of one of the kids being baptized. 

Due to a large group from our ward being baptized along with many other kids from the stake being baptized, we were there for over 2 hours. I'd never been to a stake baptism that was that long before, as far as I can remember.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience. The boys did well and I only had to sneak out to nurse 1 - who couldn't wait - at the very end.  Since her baptism, (and since the beginning of the school year) I've noticed that A has begun to mature and take on more responsibility. I enjoy that she is able to carry babies safely (only makes me nervous every now and then) and seems to enjoy her brothers. 

We love A very much and are very glad that she is a member of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment