Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Stupid daylight savings.

Last week the babies were starting to do wonderful things. Like sleep from around 9pm until 3 or so.  It was wonderful.

Then daylight savings hit.  And threw everything off.  Now they sleep from 9 or 10 to around 1 or 2.  I'm keeping the same schedule as before so here's hoping that things come back to what they were.

On another similar note, do you think that 8 weeks is to early for a nap schedule? Because I'm going crazy. The only calm time that Toddler E and I have is when the babies are napping together.  So I'm going to start trying to swaddle them for daytime naps and I guess that means that we have to follow the twin mantra "one up, both up" for feeding.  I'm not sure how that translates when one doesn't want to go to sleep. I guess that is where the schedule might kick in.

E is having a tough time these days. We had a primary presidency meeting today at my house and the poor kid had all sorts of trouble sharing (his only experience with that is in nursery.  No one steal his toys here at home - yet) and throwing fits. And probably missing Grandma who went home yesterday.  I ended up putting him in his room for a few minutes as a time out while we ended the meeting.  He cried and cried and I felt like an awful mother.  When I got him - a whole 3-4 min later - he was carrying a favorite crochet blanket (he's obsessed with them), had tears just running down his face and just wanted to cuddle.  So I ended up with a baby and E on my lap cuddling. Only the baby wanted to eat.  I was also a bit stressed from the meeting. Ugh. But I was able to make it work. I fed the baby, put it down and E and I cuddled and ate a cookie or 2 that a kind ward member had dropped off that morning.  After a while he calmed down and after about an hour stopped being touchy.

It is a definite challenge being home with 2 babies and a toddler.  Its easy to get down sometimes.  But I've found when I start feeling overwhelmed I just need to grab my shoes and head down the lane to get the mail.  E and I did this today while the babies were napping and I know it helped both of our moods. E always seems to find something to pick up and swing around and I was able to stare at the new pile of interesting things the neighbor has piled up in his side yard while walking by to the mailbox.  The neighbor is renting an outbuilding to a family member who recently closed a Mexican butchery.  They have the whole store broken down in the side yard as well as a very dilapidated taco truck parked there.

The girls are doing well as always.  A keeps losing her lunch and as a result having to buy hot lunch at school.  I always keep 5 lunches as an emergency in their accounts.  Anyway, the first time she lost her lunch turns out she had left it on the counter. It was to much for me to pile 3 kids in the car to bring a lunch to school, so I saw that one coming (she really thought her lunch had been stolen). The second time, today, she was sure it had been stolen.  But after a thorough search of her backpack it turned up.  I'm still trying to decide if she honestly thought it was stolen, or if she just wanted to have hot lunch. :)

C is doing well at school, and is becoming quite the mature young lady at almost 10.  On Sunday she bore her testimony.  She came and sat next to me during testimony meeting and showed me that she had written her testimony in a notebook.  I said that was great and that she could share it if she wanted. She said ok and stood up.  I told her she had to wait until the lady talking was done. She waited and then without a prompting got up and shared her testimony.  I was so proud and overcome with emotion.  Since I personally have a hard time getting up in front of people and sharing my testimony, it was amazing for me to see.

Sunday was also blessing day.  In this case daylight savings worked in our favor and we all were up an hour early.  We got to church on time and everything went well.  The babies were blessed by hubby and there wasn't any crying due to the quick feeding they had right before church.  The boys looked so cute in their crocheted blessing outfits.  I told hubby it looked like they were being eaten by crochet since they also were wrapped in crocheted blue blankets.  They did look cute though. I wish they could have worn their outfits for a little while longer.. All that work and it was over in less than 2 hours.

Here is a link to my sister's photography blog.  
http://www.pepperwoodphotography.blogspot.com/2012/10/twin-falls-newborn-photographer.html
She was kind enough to take pictures of the boys when they were less than1 week old. so cute!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great! I'm a little jealous how quickly your boys have adapted to a schedule, any schedule, and sleeping that long! I'm proud of mine if they do that now, at 8 months! :) Keep on sticking to the schedule, even if they don't...they'll come back around. Good job.

    Very sweet about your daughter bearing her testimony.

    And thanks for sharing the photos link! Oh they are adorable. I love the ones where they're sharing the same blanket. And that bed is ridiculously cute! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete