Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Charter schools. What a joke

We all have to pay for them, but have you tried to get in? Its nearly impossible unless you are one of the lucky few.

The only way you even have a chance to get in is if you are willing to do a mid year transfer when another student moves or transfers out.  They have a different schedule so they start earlier than public school. 

I am so over charter schools.

I still can't believe I have to pay for them yet I can't seem to get into them under normal circumstances. You know, on the first day of school.

Ugh.

Yes, just got the lottery results.  No chance in that hot place.  Again.

Here have some more of my tax dollars! 

I just walked away from this post and I'm back and still ticked off! I have 3 charter schools within 1 mile of my home.  I can't get into any of them and have to have my kids bussed to the public school which is several miles away and across a highway (not an interstate, don't want to be unfair).

And I have to pay for them anyway!

It just makes me so mad.

Charter school boundaries are not the same as normal school boundaries.  One of our charter school boundaries is one subdivision. ONE.  And guess how many houses are in that sub?  I think they may have 3 now.  It was hit hard by the housing bubble bursting.  So even though I am within 1 mile of that school, I'm considered out of bounds.  Just like the child 2 towns over in either direction.

Seriously. I. AM. SO.TICKED.OFF.

Ugh.

Worst is that I can't even say anything about this because I would make half my ward mad since they are on the boards of or part of the founding group of parents, or have kids in 1 of the 3 charter schools.

I really would like to send a letter of complaint about this but can't even figure out who to send it to.


2 comments: