Friday, May 16, 2014

Potty training!

Its finally that time. We are potty training Ned. Wow.  We started Monday and have been going ever since.  We've had bright shiny days where he took himself 4 times, days of ups (he pooped in the potty chair) and downs (he pooped his pants while we were outside).  We are having more ups than downs lately, so thats good.  He loves the control it gives him. He gets to be a big boy and be in charge of things a little more.

The other day we were in the garden and he was very helpfully pulling weeds.  I said Wow Ned, when did you get to be such a big boy?  and he said I go Potty! .  That was really cute.

The twins are now the destructive duo, the terrible twosome, and any other name you can come up with.  They are a team of destruction from sunup to sundown.  I clean up and have the house sparkling and 12 hours later (the next morning) it looks like I never clean my house. We are working on no and giving them more limits since climbing and figuring out how to open things (like the dishwasher) have opened up so many opportunities for exploring these days.

They love to go outside and will cry if you try and go outside without them.

In general they are happy boys, but Nolan gets upset if someone takes a toy away from him and will cry and cry.  Quinten is saying "shoe!" and Nolan will say "Hi!"  and waves hi and bye.

They both love Grandma who has been coming over to help with them while potty training has been going on.

The girls are excited to be done with school next week.  Its earlier than ever this year due to budget cuts. Luckily the budget is restored next year so we will be back to a normal school year.

Interesting thing I learned this year.  Grades are due Friday (today), so the whole last week of school is basically pointless. Cecilee had a few hours at the local Rec center with her class today, and then she said that they made it almost all the way through "The Rookie".  Hmmm.

Mia has been doing well in school and piano.  I wish she would practice more because she has such talent!

They are both taking lessons from Grandma and will be having a recital June 1st!

If you are wondering where all the farm and garden stuff has gone, I've started a separate blog for it.

http://thelazygardeners.blogspot.com/

Its a blog where I will talk about all the crazy stuff I do like garden, make yogurt, cultured butter, homemade bread and cheese, etc. I'm going to learn how to make cottage cheese! Cows! Chickens! garden redesign! and things like that.  This will be the purely family blog.

My other blog,  http://freeldsbooks4kindle.blogspot.com/ where I post free LDS books for Kindle is also going strong.  There have been a lot of good free books in the past few months and I'm enjoying helping everyone get them for free!

Anyway, enough for now. I've got to figure out what to do with 40-50 extra tomato plants...Read more at my other blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment