Sunday, May 20, 2012

Getting Organized

I've come to realize that having a 9 year old who is eager to earn money is a grand thing.  Today after we had all had a Sunday afternoon nap, we finished sorting the videos.  We got rid of about 1/3 of them (or more).  Then hubby had a great idea to put them in a new closet.  They had been residing in a bookshelf and in the closet in the babies room. But with the addition of a crib, that wouldn't work for much longer. 

After that, I hired C and A to sort through and organize the outgrown (and growing into) baby clothes.  This took them about 2 hours and only cost me $5.  They pulled EVERYTHING (all the clothes) out of the babies room and then sorted them into piles by size.  After about an hour of that, they boxed it all up and then put that away.  Believe me, it was worth it.  I was able to watch and guide and put my feet up.

Speaking of feet, they have started to swell.  This is a bit unexpected because with baby E, they barely swelled at all.  I guess I was active enough as well as exercising every day and must have been drinking enough water and keeping the salt intake down. 

It worries me a bit because with C I had a lot of swelling and eventually was induced around 38/39 weeks due to high blood pressure.  But I'm working on drinking enough water and will be watching the salt/processed food intake.

Anyway, seeing all of the clothes was a good thing that jogged my memory and has helped me focus on what we will need for the babies.  We have a friend at hubbies work who is going to give us all of their clothes (their baby is their last and about 10 months old). hubby says that they should be in great condition.  (crossing fingers that this goes through). the other offer we've had is from a lady in the ward who has 4 month old twin boys right now. But that would be a loan. I am not comfortable with loans because if I ruin an outfit i would feel awful.  But either way we are covered.

I will need to buy extra Sunday clothing though. We have enough for 1 baby but not enough for 2.  Alyson, can you keep an eye out at the DI for me?  I would REALLY appreciate that.  I still want to come down and shop!

I've been drooling over strollers lately.  I saw a BOB stroller at the soccer game on Friday and wow was that thing great. Just a bit expensive. Its probably the most expensive of all of the double strollers. so that is just a pipe dream. however, I was informed they are made locally. So perhaps i'll bump into a screaming deal.  That would be helpful for next soccer season. but I just can't justify something that expensive that won't be used every day.

We do need to buy a second bumbo, and I would like a new swing. Both can be purchased used though for not that much dough.  The bumbo for around $15-20 and the swing for around $50 or so.

We also still have the crib debate. 

I don't know if I will acquire much of this stuff though, until we have the baby room organized.  That doesn't stop me from checking Craigslist though.

Another dilemma I'm having is not enough clothes for Baby E.  He is sadly lacking a 12 or 18 month wardrobe. I've been hitting garage sales like crazy, but I've been finding everything but the sizes he needs.

Another option is the local MOM club. Thats Mothers of Multiples.  I've looked into joining,  but its around $30/year and the application asks questions I usually only answer at the pediatricians office. Why do they need to know if it was a c section or natural delivery? Why do they need to know if I bottle feed?   Yeesh. But they do have a yearly garage sale with great deals. From families with multiples.

Still a lot to think about...




1 comment:

  1. Here's my 2 cents...

    My boys are 2 months and in 3-6 clothes. For N and 0-3, I had mostly jammies. Let's be honest, you're not going to be out and about with them, especially in late fall/winter. They also din't get changed and a bath unless they need it, because it's not easy to bathe two infants...so that cuts down on need. I probably have 10-12 outfits for each size and that has been enough. With other kids besides them, you're doing laundry often enough.

    I don't do clothes loans either. :)

    The essential twin stroller is the BabyTrend double car seat carrier. We would go nowhere without it. When they're old enough to sit up, we got a Combi side-by-side, which we already had one of, and which car seats we have. They're cheaper, not as cool as the Bob one. :)

    Do you have a New to You Kids or Once Upon a Child? That's where my kids get all their clothes and shoes, pretty much!

    And you can go to the MoM sales without being a member, I think it costs under $5 to get in. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete