Monday, May 14, 2012

Initial reactions

My initial reaction to being told I was going to have twins (after the initial wonder and being stunned had worn off, although I'm still in that lovely river, denial) was to feel tired.  Just TIRED.  All of a sudden my pregnancy felt overwhelming and I felt ready to be done. Which isn't the best feeling when I've only just reached the halfway (for twins) point.

Today I got a second wind and made bread and also washed 2 batches of wool.  So now I don't have any more wool to wash.  That's one thing off of the list.

Now only about 175 more to go!  Actually the list isn't that long, just feels long and a bit impossible.  For instance, I MUST have the baby room organized.  That means moving ALL of the craft stuff into the exercise room and organizing that closet so that everything fits and no need to be anywhere else.  That way the baby room wouldn't get torn apart every time I couldn't find a particular color of yarn.

And when you think about the baby room, you have to decide about cribs. New or used? Or borrowed?  And how about car seats. And swings. Again with the used or new on the swing.  Hubby says they can share the swing. I say yeah right. And then, bouncy seats and bumbos. Ugh.

Anyway, really, I guess the baby room is a huge project and then it would be nice to have the rest of the house organized and spic and span for the onslaught that we will be expecting for a few years. 

I would also like to get a significant amount of work done on my wool.  right now I have about 5 1/2 sheep worth of wool that needs to be carded and dyed.  I could live with getting it to that point. Then I would only occasionally pull out my spinning wheel when I wanted to get a craft fix.  I'm just afraid that if I leave myself with to much work on that front to do it will never get done and my interest will get shoved in a closet in the exercise room for about 5 years.

Oh dear the things I need to get done.

Anyone feel like organizing a closet?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post. I've been wondering how you've been taking this exciting news!

    ReplyDelete