Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Feeling Overwhelmed

So over Memorial day I was just feeling so overwhelmed.  I had a list as long as my arm (it felt like) of things we needed to buy for the 2nd baby.  And so much to do!

I tried to go to garage sales on Saturday but because of the rain they were awful.  The first one we went to had tons of baby boy clothes.  They were priced at $1-$4 per item. I'm not kidding you.  I was thinking in my head "Just because you overbought on your house doesn't mean I need to pay for it"  Baby E owns at least one outfit that was for sale there.  They had priced it at $4!!! oh my.

All of the other 6 or so sales on Craigslist and that we followed signs for were pretty much stuff sales. Stuff we didn't need.  So I felt like I had failed. And was behind.

Anyway, After obsessing over the baby/kids section of Craigslist over the weekend, I was still feeling overwhelmed.

Memorial Day dawned and hubby jumped out of bed and said lets go to breakfast!

So we went and had omelets (protein!) and dropped off papers at the recycle bins and then headed over to Walmart to grab a few items.  Only we were pulled into the baby area.  Where we found Cribs and carseats.  I had been pricing cribs all weekend on Amazon and walmart.com.  I thought we would pay around $130 for a new crib and was leaning towards a used one.  Well, our Walmart had a $99 crib! So we grabbed it and I said might as well grab a car seat also.  The car seats were the same price as online $54. And not something I would be interested in buying used unless I knew the person well.

So now we have a crib and a carseat! Success!

Once we got home I was just checking the garage sale area of Craigslist again when I found a sale not far from us where they had many of the other items we needed and boy clothes!

So I jetted over there and was able to buy our exact same swing for $50 in great condition (I paid $90 on Amazon) and about 60 clothing items for around $28.  Yes!!  I got a few newborn items, but concentrated on 3-9 month items as well as some 12 and 18 month items for Baby E. I guess a lady who got there earlier snatched up all of the 2t items. Bummer.  They were selling at .50 ea for most items.

Boy was that a great find!

Only now, I'm obsessing over getting the rooms organized.

To Do...

1. Organize wrapping paper so that it fits in a storage container of some sort under our bed. (currently taking up way to much room in a closet)
2. Organize all my crafting items in the exercise room closet.  (Remove from baby room)
3. Clean and organize baby room.
4. Set up baby room
5. (in a few months) put toddler bed in girls room and start having baby E sleep there.

I'm also frantically trying to get crafty stuff done because once the twins are here there won't be much time for time consuming projects.

I think I'm just nesting like mad or something. Messes are making me crazy right now.

and still... Oh Wow... Twins.

1 comment:

  1. cute post. Just remember that the most important thing is to just enjoy and love them. You will do greae!

    ReplyDelete