Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I wish my to do list would shrink

Life is good right now.  We've been battling the cold of the century (still!) and perhaps since this is round two of snot noses , gave it to ourselves again.  Who knows.  I just know the boys all have an awful cough still and the girls are using cough drops here and there.  The adults are over it and the young ones are all still suffering. 

But we are doing well!  Everyone is happy including Mom.  I'm stressed and busy, but its more of a I've got to clean this house! and Wow I need to get that project done! kind of stress as opposed to a crazy busy that is just to much to deal with. I don't know. Maybe its that to do list I started. i need to prioritize it instead of just having that part in my head.

There are lots of exciting things happening right now for us.  The twins are rolling.  Nolan is sleeping through the night.  Quinten has his good nights and his bad nights. He's still not sleeping through the night. But I'm hopeful it will happen soon.  He took a 5 hour nap yesterday and I think he might be having a growth spurt.  After that if he doesn't start sleeping through the night we may have to have a cry it out session. 

I've been having some fun with crafts lately.  We caught a fox.  the plants in the greenhouse are ready for transplant.  I'm trying to grow blueberries again! I'm taking a cheese class.

Ok, so maybe I'll expound on each of those topics!  I was recently given some silk cocoons. I've always wanted to try silk but had never been able to afford/talk myself into spending the money for the stuff sold online.  so I degummed them and stretched them and then dyed them and now I've been playing with them. i broke out the hand carders and blended them with some wool But that made my hands so tired I broke out the drum carder.  And then found out that silk is to delicate for my drum carder.  In my opinion.  I've still got some that I'm going to try knitting with without spinning it into yarn.  Family reunion project anyone?  :)

So we caught a fox. The one that has been raiding our henhouse.  We borrowed a trap from a friend and after setting it for about 2 weeks I was surprised that we had a fox in there one morning.  Of course I couldn't kill it myself. so I called a neighbor (we live in the county) and he came over within 20 min and took care of it. then when hubby came home he put it in the garbage..... where it was noticed by the ladies who came over for a primary presidency members. It was so funny because they were all interested in looking at it.  It smelled like a skunk and its eyes were open.  I still feel sad that it had to die. but it was either that darn fox or more of my chickens. 

We still have to lock the chickens up at night due to a racoon.  But we haven't lost any more chickens for a while now. yay!

The plants in the greenhouse are ready for a transplant but its still cold outside. So i'll probably just move them to larger pots.  I bought blueberries (again!) and at this point I've failed so much at blueberries, I'm determined to win.  But I told hubby this time that if I lose, I'll give up. 

I put them in pots this time and plan on growing them in containers instead of in the yard.  We'll see if i'm able to keep the soil correct with this change.

I'm taking a cheese making class. Its something i've been wanting to do for a few years now. I've been making cheese for the past few months and hope this class will help me learn how to make cheddar and perfect my other techniques.  I've failed at mozzerella (wierd, and then to hard) but then succeeded at parmesan. At least I think I did. I won't really know for a year. LOL.  It has to age for 9-12 months.  Its a fun hobby so far.

Anyway, got to go.  Kids need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment