Sunday, April 28, 2013

We are in the TRENCHES people!

That thought crossed my mind today as I finished up a visit with the home teachers this afternoon.

It hadn't been a bad visit. Just busy with little bodies rolling this way and that. A 2 year old moving every which way who did NOT want to sit still.  An 8 year old who did gymnastics all over the floor and a 10 year old who finally (finally!) was sitting still. 

It was just chaotic.  A good busy chaotic.  Not one of those Mom is about to go cray cray! Chaotic. (this mom has realized that I can't control everything, much less 5 busy little people, and not at the same time).

I just wondered what other people thought of our chaos.  to us its normal. While perhaps others may think "Man i hate going to that house and teaching a lesson. No one sits and listens!" 

And others who read this blog (who may not have kids) may think "Wow she is such a whiner" and " what was she thinking?" and, I can't believe she did that, and then wrote on the internet about it! and other things.

And those who see my 8 and 10 year olds at church or school on a day that was hectic and I didn't MAKE them brush their hair (they always do it, but brushing doesn't always happen). And then check it afterwards.  If they can sneak out the door without mom inspecting what they chose to wear and ask them when that item was last worn/washed, they will. 

I hope they think "Gee that family is busy" and not "Their mother is such a slob" 

:)

All I can say is we are in the trenches baby!

(*just wanted to say that as far as I know our home teachers are very tolerant.  It was more of a moment of looking at the visit as an outsider.)

In other news Edison has a sentence. Its a favorite with a few different versions.  It usually goes like this -
I want water too!
and
I want water too Mom!

And today he changed it to

I want too!
when he wanted a treat the rest of us were having.

Nolan is rolling around like a pro and is often entertained by a simple toy.

We've got the garden started now and are doing a small remodel of some of the boxes. 


So far this year we have started lettuce and tomatoes and a bunch of other plants in the greenhouse.  We've planted peas and carrots and onions and bok choy and have volunteer spinach in the garden.

I may skip the bountiful basket for a few weeks. It just feels like we don't use the variety they have been sending.... I don't know. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment